Email, Mailing Lists and Spam
Tristar Technologies takes spam offences very seriously and reserves the right to suspend or terminate, without warning, any account that violates our Acceptable Use policy regarding spam.
Should you choose to email from Tristar Technologies’s hosting servers, especially if you use mailing lists, it is imperative that you read, understand and adhere toTristar Technologies ’s policy on spam abuse.
Should one of our clients be accused of spamming, Tristar Technologies will initiate an investigation (within 24 - 48 hours). During the investigation Tristar Technologies may restrict the client’s access in order to prevent further possible unauthorised activity. If the client is found in violation of our Acceptable Use policy, Tristar Technologies is in its full rights to suspend or terminate the client’s account.
For a mailing list to be considered legitimate and not spam the following criteria need to be met:
- Administer confirmed ‘opt-in’ mailing lists where the recipient or would-be subscriber provides a positive response to an initial email e.g. the recipient replies to an email or clicks on a link in the email indicating consent.
- A ‘remove’ or ‘unsubscribe’ link (an opt-out procedure) must be provided to make it easier for the recipient to revoke consent or to terminate their subscription. Mailings must cease promptly once a subscription is terminated.
- Mailing list administrators must take adequate steps to ensure that their lists are not used for abusive purposes.
- All communication is consensual.
- No one should ever have to unsubscribe from a list they did not intentionally subscribe to.